If you’re craving chocolate cake (who isn’t?!), then try making our super moist chocolate cake which is so delicious! Time to try chocolate cake with CBD and beets!
The Most Delicious Chocolate Cake – With CBD AND Beets!
What is truly amazing about this cake – and will completely shock anyone you make it for – is the secret ingredient: beetroot! This cake is healthy, AND it tastes better than the average chocolate cake.
Next up, another hidden ingredient for extra goodness: CBD oil! Add a few drops of CBD into the icing and not only are you eating a delicious cake, you’re also ingesting the powers of CBD.
Some people find the taste of CBD oil (especially from a tincture) to be a little earthy. Here at UrthLeaf, we find that the earthy, bitter taste of CBD oil works perfectly with the rich, smooth taste of chocolate.
This cake will astound all your friends and family! After one bite you will convince them that adding vegetables to baking is tasty as well as healthy and nutritious. Wow them with the added CBD oil, and you’re onto a winner!
Ingredients For Chocolate Cake With CBD And Beets!
4 small or 2 large (375g) cooked, cooled beets (bake them in foil first to keep them dry)
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 ½ cups sugar
16 oz oil (olive oil or avocado oil work well)
2 ½ cups all-purpose flour
2 ¼ tsp baking soda
3/8 tsp salt
50g good quality unsweetened dark cocoa powder
For the Mocha Buttercream
1/3 cup butter, room temperature
4 cups confectioner’s sugar
¼ good quality unsweetened cocoa powder
¼ to 1/3 cup cold strong coffee
1 tsp vanilla extract
1-2 drops UrthLeaf CBD oil
How To Bake Chocolate Cake With CBD And Beets!
- Preheat oven to 350F (180C)
- Prepare two 8” or 9” baking pans. Butter and flour them well.
- Puree the beets in a food processor along with the eggs, vanilla extract, oil and sugar.
- In a large bowl, place the dry ingredients, then add the pureed mixture.
- Beat with an electric or stand mixer on low speed until well combined.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pans and bake in the preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes, or until a tester comes out clean.
- Remove the cakes from the pans after a few minutes and allow to cool completely on wire racks.
- Meanwhile, make the buttercream frosting by beating the butter until soft.
- Then add the sugar, cocoa, ¼ cup of coffee, the CBD oil, and the salt, and mix until creamy and smooth.
- Continue to add more coffee until a soft, spreadable, or pipeable consistency is reached.
- Cut the tops off the cake to make them level.
- Place one layer of the moist chocolate cake on a plate and spread some buttercream on top.
- Place the second layer on top and decorate as desired with the frosting.
Once you’ve finished, all that’s left to do is slice, eat and enjoy! Chocolate cake with CBD and beets, what could be better!